All Intu shopping centres are committed to working closely with the communities we serve and operating responsibly in terms of care for the environment, reduction in energy consumption and promotion of increased recycling of waste. We continue to be rated as a top 100 company by Business in the Community in their corporate Responsibility Index and remain constituent members of the FTSE4Good, Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes and JSE SRI Index.
In November 2010 Intu was proud to be awarded the rare and valuable CommunityMark, developed by Business in the Community. It is just recognition of the dedication and work of staff throughout the business, and working with our community partners, dealing with issues that are important to us and, we know, our customers. Only by a focused approach and working closely together can our key objectives be successfully accomplished. Our success is based on innovative community programmes tailored to the locations where we operate. We recognise that our centres are part of the hub of the communities in which they are located
To find out more about how Metrocentre is working with the local community click on the items below.
Pathways 4 All and Tim Lamb Children's Centre
Date Posted:15/05/2012Metrocentre has a close relationship with Pathways 4 All thanks to our late General Manager Tim Lamb who was Chairman of the Trustees.
- Sustainable Travel How easy your journey is to Metrocentre, is important to us.
- Charities We have organised fund raising opportunities within the Centre to help as many worthwhile causes as possible.
- Chaplaincy Metrocentre has its very own on-site Chaplain to provide support to retailers and shoppers.
- Poppy Appeal The Poppy Appeal also raised £8,984.00 through collections in the centre in November.
- Dr Barnardos Metrocentre donated almost 100 items of clothing to Dr Barnardo’s in December.
- Percy Hedley Foundation Metrocentre works in partnership with the Percy Hedley Foundation.